This is the pilot version of Therapoid. Register or Sign in as a pilot user to collaborate.

Forums

Using extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to treat COVID19

COVID19ECMOextracorporealmembraneoxygenation

Using extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to treat COVID19  

By: Jason E. Barkeloo on March 24, 2020, 11:51 p.m.

In The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, Kollengode Ramanathan and colleagues provide excellent recommendations for the use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for patients with respiratory failure from acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) 2ary to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The authors describe pragmatic approaches to the challenges of delivering ECMO to patients with COVID-19, including training health-care personnel, resolving equipment and facilities issues, implementing systems for infection control and personal protection, providing overall support for health-care staff, and mitigating ethical issues. They also address some of the anticipated challenges with local and regional surges in COVID-19 ARDS cases; although there has been an increase in hospitals with the capacity to provide ECMO, the potential demand might exceed the available resources. Furthermore, some health-care systems offer advanced therapies such as ECMO but lack a coordinated local, regional, or national referral protocol.

Given the practical constraints on substantially increasing the global availability of ECMO services in the next few months, it is important to emphasise the other evidence-based treatment options that can be provided for patients with severe ARDS from COVID-19. Before endotracheal intubation, it is important to consider a trial of high-flow nasal oxygen for patients with moderately severe hypoxemia. This procedure might avoid the need for intubation and mechanical ventilation because it provides high concentrations of humidified oxygen, low levels of positive end-expiratory pressure, and can facilitate the elimination of carbon dioxide. WHO guidelines support the use of high-flow nasal oxygen in some patients, but they urge close monitoring for clinical deterioration that could result in the need for emergent intubations because such procedures might increase the risk of infection to health-care workers.

Since treatment of severe ARDS from COVID-19 is an ongoing challenge, it is important to learn from the patients who have been treated to gain an understanding of the disease's epidemiology, biological mechanisms, and the effects of new pharmacological interventions. Currently, there are some research groups working to coordinate and disseminate key information, including information on patients who have been treated with ECMO for COVID-19, although an accurate estimate of the number of such patients is not currently available. The Extracorporeal Life Support Organization is an international non-profit consortium that plans to maintain a registry of patients to facilitate an improved understanding of how ECMO is being used for patients with COVID-19.

More...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30127-2/fulltext

Re: Using extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to treat COVID19  

By: Dubnium F Thaumarchaeota on July 15, 2020, 11:08 a.m.

No matter should you need a summer upper to improve your outlook or you require a winter jacket women collection at Slim fit jacket holds everything you might need to have hands-on. With the assistance of the ideal styling experts, you don’t even have to be worried about your wedding outfit lasting for a lifetime. Hide jackets have been in fashion for quite a long time for picking a leather coat is not quite as easy as it might seem since there are lots of things to be thought about while buying it. Beacon Heritage Sports SkyFall Jacket

Canva Review  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:13 a.m.

This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. Canva Review

Canva  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:22 a.m.

This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. Canva

The Knowledge Broker Blueprint  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:29 a.m.

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! The Knowledge Broker Blueprint

Instapage  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:34 a.m.

I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . . Instapage

Toonly  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:39 a.m.

This post is good enough to make somebody understand this amazing thing, and I’m sure everyone will appreciate this interesting things. Toonly

VideoScribe  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:44 a.m.

Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! VideoScribe

Obsession Method  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:47 a.m.

The blog and data is excellent and informative as well Obsession Method

Overnight Millionaire System  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 7:55 a.m.

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Overnight Millionaire System

His Secret Obsession Review  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 8:27 a.m.

I've been looking for info on this topic for a while. I'm happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work His Secret Obsession Review

Sucuri Security Review  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 11, 2020, 8:37 a.m.

It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. Sucuri Security Review

Re: Using extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to treat COVID19  

By: Anonymous on Sept. 12, 2020, 10:52 a.m.

You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. free tv project

png to jpg  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 15, 2020, 7:17 a.m.

I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. png to jpg

convert png to jpg  

By: Potassium Cd Neocallimastigomycota on Sept. 15, 2020, 7:26 a.m.

A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. convert png to jpg